Tuesday 1 January 2013

My Post Christmas Pressie................

If you read my Tomato Soup recipe you'll now that I used my hand blender to make it, the soup was still gorgeous only a lot of it went up my white kitchen tiles!  Now my newly acquired Cuisinart SSBIU Soup Maker has stopped that from happening ever again.  It's brilliant, bought it on line from http://www.go-electrical.co.uk/tag/product/list/tagId/174 after trailing around the sales in the cold and wet.  It was a bargain and a much better buy than the deals in the Christmas shops sales.

On the right is a picture of my first soup from their recipe book that I made yesterday.  A velvety smooth, gorgeous 'wild mushroom soup with creme fraiche and chive drizzle'. 

A perfect soup choice as mushrooms are fat and cholesterol free, low in calories and sodium and high in nutrients like Selenium, Potassium, Copper and Vitamin D and B Vitamins Riboflavin, Niacin and Pantothenic Acid.

 
 



I've put down the recipe and method as laid out in the recipe book, but it would work just as well with a pan and hand blender or food processor.  Made 5 servings (the last of which I had for lunch today).
 
Ingredients
15g dried mushrooms
250g button mushrooms, chopped (I couldn't find specific dried mushrooms in Tesco's so used a 175g pack of Exotic mushrooms and made up the rest with some white and chestnut mushrooms)
25g butter
1 tablespoon of Olive oil (I used Coconut oil)
1 large white onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used 4 coz we love garlic:)
850ml vegetable stock
Salt and black pepper to taste
Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
 
To serve
4 tablespoons creme fraiche (I used Tesco half fat variety)
3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely scissored
 
Method
If using dry mushrooms, cover with boiling water in a bowl and leave for 15 - 20 minutes to soften.
If making in the Soup Maker set the timer to 20 minutes and the temperature to Low.
Place the butter and oil in the base of the Soup Maker (or a pan), cook for a minute then add the
onions and garlic and saute for 2 - 4 minutes until softened.
Add the mushrooms and seasoning and cook for a further 5 minutes (may need longer in the pan).
Add the stock, cover and simmer until the Soup Maker bleeps (pan version, simmer for another 8 - 10 minutes).
If using the machine, add the parsley and blend on level 1 until smooth.  If making the old fashioned way now is the time to get the hand blender out.  I suggest blending it in batches to save on the mess!
In a small bowl mix the creme fraiche and chives and serve a dollop on each bowl of hot soup.  Eat immediately, we had a little walnut bread on the side.
 
Yum, enjoy.  Look forward to posting another 'soupy' blog soon, this could be the year of the SOUP!!
 
All the best,
Amanda
 
P.S.  To keep everyone on the right track for 2013 I'm offering 4 training sessions for just £99!
This deal ends on the 31st January, so what are you waiting for, click the link http://www.mw-pt.co.uk/Contact-Us and I'll be in touch soon.
 

 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment