Tuesday 15 January 2013

Leek & Parsley Soup Starter and main course of Roasted Cod with Parma Ham & Peppers

So as promised got The Hairy Dieters  How to Love Food and Lose Weight recipe book out.  Tonight we had 'Roasted Cod with Parma Ham and Peppers'.  They calculate it at 224 calories per person. 

My picture doesn't really do it justice, you could probably do a lot better ,but it was really nice.  I think the only change I would make is in the cooking process.  They suggest cooking the fish parcels in the same pan as the peppers, onions and courgettes, but I felt my vegetables went a little soggy :(  So next time I'm going to cook them separately.



My hubby also got back from skiing this week, amongst how excellent the ski conditions were, he was raving about the fantastic food that chef prepared, and in particular a leek and yoghurt soup they had as a starter one evening.  He didn't get the recipe so had a little look on line and hundreds of 'leek and potato' soup recipes came up.  But he insisted it wasn't leek and potato but a beautiful leek and yogurt soup.  So threw together my own version (which apparently wasn't the same, he meant colour not taste, but I'm not a cordon bleu chef am I!)  Anyway using my Soup maker, made the pictured Leek, parsley and yogurt soup (again, my camera does not do these pictures any justice, it was gorgeous).  Made enough for 4 bowls and an extra one for my lunch tomorrow :)
 
Ingredients
 
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 large leek (used both the white and green leaves), chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 big handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
750ml vegetable stock
1 x 170g pot of Total 0% Fat Authentic Greek Yogurt
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
 
Method 
 
Melted coconut oil, sauteed onions and garlic.  Cooked for 3 minutes then added the leeks.  I did use both the green and the white part of the leek.  Some say the green leaves are a little bitter, but I've never noticed personally.  Plus I'd rather use as much of the veg with little going to the bin.  Also added the parsley and seasoning, blitzed a few times to mix.  Added 500mls of stock and cooked further for 10 minutes, blitzing occasionally.  Tasted, yummy but the consistency was a little thick for my liking so added a further 250ml of water.  Cooked and blitzed again for a couple of minutes, then added the yogurt.  Blended and cooked for a further couple of minutes till my mouth was watering!
 
 
 
 
 So a perfect starter and main course.  The soup of course would be a great lunch or light meal.
 Enjoy, till next time, all the best
 
 Amanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment