Sunday 5 August 2012

INSANITY FIT TEST RESULTS - Day 1

So finally started 'Insanity', even though last couple of days been bit under the weather, chesty cough, sore throat and yesterday lost my voice (a blessing some may say!).  But nevertheless we soldiered on! 

Before I begin I must say that yesterdays Olympics for Team GB was absoulutely awesome!  We have some amazing talent, and Jess Ennis is now my heroine!  They truly are inspiring a nation - come on Team GB, keep up the great work!!

Okay now back to me (and my hubby, who is nearly regretting saying he'd do Insanity with me!). 
So the 'Fit Test' that you do initially, then again on Day 15, Day 36, Day 50 and Day 63. 
To say the fit test is a bit tough is a bit of an understatement!  It is really, really tough which consists of a 5 minute warm up then 8 one minute plyometric, bounding type exercises which you record and hope to better the number of reps each time you do the test.  So here are mine and my hubby's Fit Test Results on Saturday 4th August.



Name of Exercise


Amanda

Howard
Switch Kicks
61
62

Power Jacks

58
64
Power Knees

95
85
Power Jumps

36
30
Globe Jumps

8
8
Suicide Jumps (we call them Burpees)

15
16
Push Up Jacks

14
11
Low Plank Oblique

38
28

As you can see we're fairly matched (although I have the edge on a few things!).  We hope to both me much better as the weeks go by.  We thought we'd also put some measurements and our weight down also and retake on each fit test, these are below. 


Amanda


Howard
   Chest  -  34"
  
 Chest  -  37"
   Waist  -  28.5"
 Belly  -  33.5"

   Hips (widest part)  -  36"

 Hips (widest part)  -  36"
  Thighs (R) - 21"  (L) - 20.25"
 Thighs (R) - 20"  (L) - 21

  Biceps (flexed) (R) - 11.5
  (L) - 12

 Biceps (flexed)  (R) - 11.5
 (L) - 12

  Weight  -  8 stone 9 lbs
 Weight  -  11 stone 6 lbs


So there we have it, will post again after 'Plyometric Cardio Circuit' to be done later this evening.       Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment